01881: schools than and now

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 06:18:10 -0500
Subject: schools than and now

Closing students' minds

When I taught English A-level 15 years ago, the emphasis was on exploring the text. Now, it's all about 'assessment objectives'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/aug/14/schools.alevels

Francis Gilbert

This article shows the job we adults have. We must correct the schools, open them to "original thinking" and encourage discussion by students. Antonio's work is greatly needed, but the students need support to express themselves in schools too.  Bruce

at least that is the way of the US --- with zero tolerance no less

--
Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA

vote