01879: Re: Direct Democracy (Antonio's reminder)

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:30:25 +0200
Subject: Re: Direct Democracy (Antonio's reminder)

Dear George,

I'm pleased with reading of you! and of F. Tonini as well.

I'm not equally pleased to see that the biggest problem of
Democracy has not been put still into the light it needs of.

It seems to me, if the success of real Democracy --at any
of its many social levels, starting from the family-- had to
be made with both the "Democracy answers" by DD top
thinkers&activists and the "Democracy demands" by the
bottom people matching together, then all the stuff passing
through is dealing with the "Democracy answers" side of
the coin exclusively. How long, still?

That is, we DD thinkers&activists still keep on improving
Democracy answers, namely DD proposals, constitutional
charts, I&R too -- all of which there is no people's demand
for, still. This way, in the absence of a sound Democracy
demand made by the People from grassroots bottom-up, no
Democracy success can be reasonably expected. I guess,
how could any answer be effective, in the absence of the
related demand? Logics forbids.

Have my best wishes to improve your "D. answers", also at
Bruno's next Aaru Conference. If you were also interested
in how to increase the people's Democracy demand from
bottom-up, try a look at:
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/common/Antonio.Lucknow.ptt

Kind regards,

antonio

George Kokkas's Law Office wrote:
Dear mr. Tonini

   I am happy to get acquainted with you and your Movement of Direct Democracy in Italy! We have cooperated in the past with excellent colleagues and thinkers of DD , there as Giuseppe Strano, Antonio Rossin etc.
   I think that your site is helpful for your objectives, although I have difficulties in understanding its content in Italics.
   In Greece the DD movement is expressed by the NGO "Forum for Citizens' Democracy" and by the political party called:
"European Sympoliteia (with) Direct Democracy", that tries to introduce in Greece Direct Democratic institutions through European Legislation.

   I copy for you my proposal to Bruno Kaufman and the organisers if the Aaru Conference and I would like to support our request for a further meeting of us after this Conference.
   I think THAT we can organise it with Demokrazia Federale and other colleagues and allies IN THE SAME PLACE, also independently from the main organisers, with the basic topic:
    "What shall the DD Movement do in the coming European Parliament elections of June 2009?"

"Dear Bruno,

   we are really interested in participating in the Aaru Conference in Switzerland, not only for the 5 minutes report about our ideas and tactics in Greece and Europe (Wednesday), but also in the next days, we could offer in the public debate (Thursday) and for the Balkan issues (on Friday). Please inform me for the contacts I should have for the rest.

   I think that it would be good to have ALSO, a separate panel and discussion about the CICDD ( Continuing International Congress on Direct Democracy) that celebrates this year its 10th anniversary since the 1st International Conference in Prague, Pribram (1998), as well as WDDM (www.world-wide-democray.net) that continues offering its services to direct democracy worldwide, though its site and diferent practices among its members.I wonder why haven't you thought about it, when progamming the whole week of Democracy? Believe me that it will have a big interest for all the participants to have the opportunity to hear the _expression_ of our experiences at the end of the already scheduled programme on Saturday aftennoon and evening Oct 4th or maybe Sunday morning, Oct 5th.

   I am in close contact with Ted Becker (who is probably annoyed, that he has no response or invitation from you or others), Jiri Polak (who is doing an excellent job for ten years publishing the DD Newsletter) , Mirek Kolar (who organised the excellent WDDM site), Bruce Eggum, George Sagi etc. and I think that their contribution could be magnificent for this week of Democracy, as we will enlarge the programme, the interest and the opportunities of the participats to almost a full week!

    Bruno, I would like to be this year more active, as a legal scientist in the IRI works (congratulations for them all) and I wish you to introduce and help me do it, beginning with the acceptance of my proposal above (to take part more actively by the end of the Aaru Conference in Switzerland, as we have made in Munich 2000, after the NDDIE Conference)!

    I would like also to cooperate further in the near future for a WDDM Conference that has its 10th years anniversary after 2 years (2010), when we will propose to have in Greece another International Congress on Direct Democracy (maybe under the auspieces of IRI, if you mind).

    Please write me soon with whom else I have to be in contact for the above and confirm whatever is already possible for us in order to begin organising it!"

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THIS PROPOSAL mr. Tonini? Can Democratia Federale assist in organising this following the main conference, as you are near Aaru?

With kind regards!

George L. Kokkas
Media Lawyer
Coordinator of NGO "Forum for Citizens' Democracy" and
"European Sympoliteia (with) Direct Democracy"
42, Hippocrates str., ATHENS 10680- GREECE
Tel. 0030 6944 545 888