01871: Re: [WDDM] Smart Security and the end to WAR

From: Giorgio Menon <giorgio.menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:57:41 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Smart Security and the end to WAR

Georges Metanomski wrote:

--- On Tue, 7/22/08, wbm@world-wide-democracy.net <wbm@world-wide-democracy.net> wrote:

Dear Doug and friends,

thanks for this impulse towards Peace.

==============
G:
Off topic. Post to some peaceniks list. They worked
for Hitler in the 1930's and now they work for Al-Quaida.
You'd have there a lot of fun.

We want here impulses towards DD and not towards peace,
justice, gay marriages or flamenco dancing.
As in 10 years we did not get a single, it would perhaps
be time to start.

Georges.
==============

Do you remember Goering, Georges? Commander-in-Chief of the Luftwaffe,
President of the Reichstag, Prime Minister of Prussia and, he was
Hitler's designated successor. At the Nurnberg trial he said:
"Why, of course, the people don't want war," Goering shrugged. "Why
would some poor
slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can
get out of it
is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people
don't want war;
neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in
Germany.
That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who
determine the
policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a
democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist
dictatorship."

"There is one difference," I pointed out. "In a democracy the people
have some say in
the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United
States only
Congress can declare wars."

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can
always be
brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do
is tell them
they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of
patriotism and exposing
the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

Peaceniks, huh? Are you on Goering's side maybe?

Giorgio