01810: Re: [WDDM] Regarding the social network site

From: ROY DAINE <rdaine(at)btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:04:59 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Regarding the social network site

Thanks Georges,

That seems to answer the most often stated argument aginst DD.

We can assume I think, if this holds true for decades of kibbutzism, it would hold true for peoples anywhere.

After all politicians never seem to get bored with politics.

Roy

Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

--- ROY DAINE <RDAINE(at)BTINTERNET.COM> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks to those who provided suitable research
> links.
>
> Now some questions on Kibbutzism, which I know
> virtually nothing about.
>
> Let's assume for the purpose of these questions
> that we accept Georges assertion that based upon the
> three rules kibbutzism equates to functioning DD.
>
> One of the arguments against DD, is that people
> would not be bothered to participate in the ongoing
> process and we thus need to elect representatives to
> carry on the business of governance.
>
> I'm assuming that, regardless of the present state
> of any kibbutz, at one time, the members of all of
> them would have been keen participants.
>
> Is this an ongoing thing, in general, or in any
> particular kibbutz.
>
> Has the day-to-day participation gradually
> declined to a point where kibbutzes in general, are
> 'led', or do they still function as originally
> intended, with full participation.
>
> I ask these questions, not to suggest that
> kibbutzism is necessarily a way forward but to
> answer the accusations that most people cannot or
> will not , when given the opportunity, take part in
> their own governance.
>
> Roy
================
G:
My direct experience of years 1970 glaringly confirms
the full, keen motivation and participation in
kibbutzim governance. That took a lot of "ongoing",
as kibbutzim started in the 19th century.

The letters I keep getting from my friends talk
about a recent renaissance of kibbutzim, functioning
innerly as always and seen from outside as life
quality paradise and as a foundation of sincerity
in face of corrupted politicians and of defense
against the most dangerous existential danger Israel
ever faced.

If anything, the people show in kibbutzim an
exaggerated motivation to argue about their destiny
and to fight the so called "jewish wars".

Georges.

Enhance democracy. Make your views known on every issue that concerns you.