01794: Re: [WDDM] Regarding the social network site

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 03:05:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Regarding the social network site

unread to trash
--- Giorgio Menon <giorgio.menon(at)pd.infn.it> wrote:

Georges Metanomski wrote:

Giorgio Menon goes unread to my trash
Georges.

This is the worst example of bipolar thinkig i have
ever met.
Either with me or against me. Kill the different, he
might harm your
thinking.

Let's see Georges precious historical
/sociological/military comment:
" Just one example of self-fulfillment:
3-5% of kibbutz population provides 90% of fighter
pilots. Now, the selection of Israeli fighter pilots
is by far the toughest in the world both physically
and psychically."

How does such fullfilment translate into reality?

Over 33 days, Israeli jets killed up to 1,200
Lebanese civilians and
bombed houses, hospitals, ambulances, refineries,
and roads [ sample
video and pictures here

<http://web.amnesty.org/pages/lebanonisrael-index-eng>
and here

<http://www.hrw.org/campaigns/israel_lebanon/multimedia/>].
Some four
thousand Lebanese were wounded and nearly a quarter
of the country's
four million people were driven from their homes.

"... if you nevertheless want to know what I
feel when I release a
bomb, I will tell you: I feel a light bump to the
plane as a result of
the bomb's release. A second later it's gone, and
that's all. That is
what I feel." -Dan Halutz, interview with Ha'aretz,
21 August 2002.
(During the 2006 Israel-Lebanon war, Dan Halutz,
head of the Israeli
military, orchestrated a policy of indiscriminate
aerial bombardment
that entailed widespread war crimes)

Extensive onsite investigations by Human Rights
Watch (HRW) and Amnesty
International (AI) found that the pattern of
bombings and civilian
casualties could not be dismissed as accidents nor
excused by alleged
"human shielding" by Hizb Allah fighters (though
both AI and HRW have
extensively criticized Hizb Allah as well). Both
organizations concluded
that Halutz's forces were bombing without regard to
whether they were
hitting civilians or fighters, and in some instances
targeted civilians
and civilian objects directly, both of which are war
crimes under
international law.

I think this explain quite well the relationship
kibbutzim-fighter
pilots. But i want to go further. Asks PVR:
"What is it that an individual basically seeks in
this world? It is
fulfilment in life."
Fullfilment is a cultural artifact. Similar cultures
attach similar
meanings to the word "fulfillment". I can therefore
imagine that for a
young male born and educated in a kibbutz
"fulfillment" has something to
do with bombing civilians without questioning too
much.
Is this a valuable practice of DD?
And is a valuable practice of DD refusing to read
the messages of
someone who disagrees?

Giorgio