01769: RE: [WDDM] Regarding the social network site

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2008 07:25:31 -0000
Subject: RE: [WDDM] Regarding the social network site

Dear Jim,
I wish that it would be as simple as you have described. For discussion's sake let us visualize the following scenario:

In my place I would like usher in DD. I talk about the need for DD to a group of youngsters (in the 20-30) age group. They would be impressed by the benefits of DD and how it would counter many of the evils of the present day like corruption and authoritarianism. They would like to know how exactly can the change be ushered in. I need a setup to which I can point and say that they can enroll themselves there and contribute to the change. They will be interested in knowing the details and how exactly it is going to counter the existing system and replace it. If all the details are worked out and already available for use then the youngsters will feel positive about it and may start using it.

If details are left out to be resolved later then the attractiveness of the idea diminishes. In other words marketing it becomes difficult. In this world there is always a tussle between contradictory ideas. If we feel that we have good idea that is beneficial to everyone then we have to make every effort to make it a success. None of those in power would allow the existing system to be replaced by a better system, because in their view the existing system would be the best system.

We have to capture the political space with a sound strategy. "The voters decide which politicians are employed and pay them." I fully agree with this. For this purpose I have already suggested that we set up a World True Democracy Platform with the representative in each constituency being elected by the 'troika' or 'triplet' system as suggested by Fred.

"Get the community believing that they can control the politicians". This would be possible if a mechanism is available to make the previous step a reality.

There is nothing that can stop us from proceeding with the above two steps except the lake of cohesiveness and conviction among ourselves. I am afraid that simply talking about ushering in the Swiss system and methods like advertisements etc. would not make much headway.

Regards,

PVR

On Tue, 6 May 2008 17:05:24 +0200 wddm@world-wide-democracy.net wrote

Hi PVR
1.
Let us not be academic
2.
Put up the various definitions and vote on it
3.
We have a workable, proven product in Switzerland. Not perfect
but it works.
4.
Each area or country will decide the details of the DD
5.
The basic rule is that the Politicians are the employees of the
voters. The voters decide which politicians are employed and pays them.
6.
Get this message out there and get the community believing that
they can control the politicians
7.
Directly challenge the politicians to explain why the voters are
not in charge of them
While we concentrate on the details the ultimate goal moves
further away.

Regards

Jim Powell