01728: Re: [WDDM] Getting the whole picture about DD

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:12:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Getting the whole picture about DD

Georges Metanomski ha scritto:

==============
Hi Antonio,
I seem to feel in this your post some positive
and sincere tones. I'll try to answer as sincerely
as I can.
==============
--- Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it> wrote:

Georges:

My question is: Why the people do not want to
implement DD (such as it is defined in many valuable DD
documents, eg., in your Shadow Parliament)?

Your answer follows :"Because they do
not read myShadow Parliament document."

===================
G:
That's not my answer. It would be:
"because
1.They are not informed,
2.They are not motivated"
===================

Be not so formal, Georges. In good substance, the
meaning of your answer looks like this: "Did they
read and study and understand your SP document,
they were informed and motivated.

Then I question : Why the people do not want
to read
your Shadow Parliament document - nor any alike
DD valuable document - ?

Your answer (below) seems to be, substantially:
Because they did not read my Shadow Parliament
document.

================
G:
No. They neither want, nor don't want to read it,
but don't know that it exists, not that there is
such a concept as DD. And, if an unprepared person
fell by chance on SP or similar, he would not
understand it.

Agreed. In other words, they do not have any slot
for DD and related concepts in their minds. Which
assumption leads to two conclusions:
1. They have no unanswered question, nor aware
problem to solve, whose answering/solving would
require them to search more deeply than they did
up to date;
2. Your SP and the alike DD documents appear to
be unseless in order to prepare/motivate them to
understand such concepts as DD, because, to read
those documents, they should have been motivated
in advance.

================

Finally, my question becomes: How could we
make thepeople's majority go and read your
Shadow Parliament document, and all the alike
DD valuable documents?

==================
G:
We don't want to make majority READ any documents.
We want to create one or more restricted and
militant Shadow Parliament groups which would ACT,
namely battle like Ha Shomer Ha Zair to inform and
to motivate masses on the one hand and, on the other
hand to put pressure on the Particracy.
While working on unsolved logistic problems, to
move DD from utopia to a realistic option.

The way I propose involves initially small militant
Shadow Parliaments making sincere self-applying
decisions, like one I describe in SP:

QUOTE
A small forum discussed pollution and found out
rightly or wrongly that the worst pollution source
is the factory breeding of animals. Besides
pollution it involves unacceptable suffering of
animals and mental corruption of attendants who
become potential sadistic Auschwitz guards. The
group condemned eating meat. Not as a theoretical
principle, but as a self applying decision and all
members stopped eating meat.
UNQUOTE

WDDM's unique raison d'etre would be to become such
a militant group making self applicable decisions
about concrete problems such as the factory breeding
or specifying and programming 3F logistic support.
Else, it will continue to be a chat and prattle list
"discussing" how many angels can sit on DD's pinpoint.

Georges
==================

Surely, the aim of Promiseland and Vegan international
vegetarian groups is a good one, as I can see in their
(Italian) newsletter.

What is but unclear to me, it is your planned way to
implement DD. I quote:

"The way I propose involves initially small militant
Shadow Parliaments making sincere self-applying
decisions, like one I describe in SP:"

How could it happen the passage from your "initially" to
a DD finally? Notice that DD involves one's relationship
with the collective authority. This relationship, once in DD,
turns from vertical hierarchic to horizontal peer-to-peer.

Accordingly, the vegetarian decisions, in the example,
don't affect any relationship with the collective authority
since no authority or political representative commands
the people to eat meat.

In my experience, I see lots of people who are able to
perform formally democratic decisions within their well
defined social contexts, or enclaves -- unless the policy
to be decided would involve their relationship with the
political authority in office. Indeed, as soon as such an
involvement should be overt, they disappear -- unless..

... unless they followed some natural leader who is in
competition with the ones in office.

I think of this last chance that it is the opposite of DD,
because it leads soon or late towards a dictatorship,
the History teaches.

Regards,

ant