01707: Re: [WDDM] Getting the whole picture about DD

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 06:48:04 +0100
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Getting the whole picture about DD

No, Georges.

(Direct) Democracy does not stand in what is dropped top-down
to people, be it the Holy Scriptures.

Democracy stands in people becoming capable of approaching
any "truth", the scientific ones included, from bottom-up, indeed,
responsibly and critically, to wit, dialectically.

Those self-claiming democracy-lovers who do not understand the
difference, even though they are valuable scientists, are a damage
to (direct) Democracy.

Regards,

antonio

Georges Metanomski replied:

DD is a socio-political structure wherein
sovereignity is vested directly in the people
without the intermediary domination of any political
party and who in exercise of their inalienable right
to self-determination determine their own governance
through the methods of Iintiative, Binding
Referendum & Recall.

=====================
After 10 years of prattling we shall vote on a silly
flat cliche describing I&R. It's about like voting on
how many angels can sit on a pin point.

Now, quote from Shadow Parliament:

QUOTE
Snapshot I&R usually confused with DD would be
in reality the most dangerous dodging maneuver
of Particracy against the true DD.
UNQUOTE

DD involves necessarily 3 Functions:
1.Initiative (supporting individual proposals)
2.Debate (consensus building)
3.Decision (upon a consensus threshold; no snapshot
vote)

Each of these functions works in small groups, viz
Kibbutzim, but national size involves problems not
only unsolved, but not yet properly formulated.
That's what we could try to formulate and to discuss,
rather than voting on silly, non pertinent cliches.

Georges