01613: RE: [WDDM] Fwd: RE:LINK.

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2008 07:06:09 -0000
Subject: RE: [WDDM] Fwd: RE:LINK.

Dear All,
The following statement by Jim Powell simplifies our understanding of how DD can work- "My guess is that Switzerland has succeeded because decisions are made by the voters which will focus on family values".

When voters are focussed on family values invariably they are focussed on peace. This may be the reason why DD came to be established in Switzerland in the first place. Reasons based on ideologies, economics and politics only complicate matters.

When most people believe that preserving the peace and well-being of individual families is more important than increasing the wealth of the nation through economic activity then, through appropriate legislation, they would be putting the brake on carbon emissions and global warming. An example of how focus on the family has global implications.

PVR

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:15:31 0200 wddm@world-wide-democracy.net wrote
Hi All,

I believe that the only Direct Democracy in action at all levels
in a country is Switzerland.

The system seems to work very well, they have avoided wars, have
a good quality of life and standard of living.

These are my impressions an opinions formed from the information
I have gathered.

Should we not make Switzerland our model and engage with their Government
and particularly Foreign Affairs for assistance and guidance?

My guess is that Switzerland has succeeded because decisions are
made by the voters which will focus on family values.

Regards

Jim Powell