01609: Re: [WDDM] RE: LINK to peace365.org

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruceeggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:29:48 -0600
Subject: Re: [WDDM] RE: LINK to peace365.org

It certainly seems that a simple decision would not need "a Board Meeting" followed by a Full Election to confirm the Boards decision.
If the Board can not make an acceptable decision ever, than toss the Board. It would than take months to decide anything.
The Board must be empowered to make most decisions, an Initiative could be used if WDDM disagreed, that is the Swiss process.

Our present system is flawed.

The Board could write a draft of guidelines which would be used to decide who would be linked to WDDM.
Once confirmed by referendum, " the Board" would be impowered to make the decision following the guidelines. Any disagreement could be expressed in an Initiative.

This is the "Charter" principles and guidelines which is yet to be written. This was an objective of the Board when it was formed.

For instance I would eliminate all election for political office campaign sites or endorsements as there would be many different views in WDDM. WDDM should not endorse commercial products, books, viewpoints. WDDM could however link controversial viewpoints as long as WDDM did not endorse them.

I suggest the Board could have a discussion of this topic on Forum.

Once we have "guidelines" the Board could make these decisions handily.
We must empower our Board. The reason the Board is essential, we could not get a quorum to vote.

Regards, Bruce Eggum

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 3:30 AM, <Miroslav Kolar> wrote:
Peace is most probably a prerequisite for DD on a larger (global) scale.
As long as people of a country are apprehensive/afraid of people from
another country and are convinced that they have to maintain armies,
non-DD governemnts will trive, and maintain more power for themselves
than it is necessary for a good functioning of society because they
can claim this power is necessary in view of (imaginary or real)
external threats ...

----- Message from nicolas(at)durand.ch ---------
    Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:40:25 -0700
    From: Nicolas Durand