01595: Re: RE: [WDDM] Fwd: RE:LINK.

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 29 Feb 2008 06:38:05 -0000
Subject: Re: RE: [WDDM] Fwd: RE:LINK.

Dear all,
The past few opinions on whether we should link up with a peace initiative highlights the key problems facing WDDM.

Nicholas Durand has pointed out that we should be concerned with promoting Direct Democracy rather than peace, human rights, gender equality etc. This raises the philosophical question - whether promoting Direct Democracy is synonymous with promoting these human values. Taking a broad view and if we speak from the heart it is 'yes'. This is why Nicholas himself says he is for peace at the end of his post. However there is always the tendency to allow the mind to supercede the heart and make it the deciding authority. Inevitably the mind sees several issues in it and wants to tackle each one separately and not mix them up together.

If only if we think and act from our heart then then we would tend to integrate matters. Problems would tend to get simplified rather than multiplied. Blind faith is also dangerous. An enlightened approach is needed. Georges Metanomski's caution is worth noting. However everything in this world is action and reaction. If only there is an enlightened focus on peace then the agressiveness of the action-reaction cycle would come down paving the way for lasting peace.

PVR