01535: Re :[WDDM] Hellenic Direct Democracy Movement

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2007 14:39:22 -0000
Subject: Re :[WDDM] Hellenic Direct Democracy Movement

Dear All,
The manifesto of HDDM says that the national conscience needs to assert itself. It has justifiably said that it will fight for " NATIONAL INDEPENDENCE, DIRECT DEMOCRACY, REASONABLE MANAGEMENT of the PUBLIC AND PRIVATE LIFE, HELLENIC PAEDIA (EDUCATION), CULTURE, DIGNITY, PROGRESS AND PROSPERITY! ".
National conscience can manifest itself only when the individual's conscience can assert itself in matters of governance. This will be possible only when an alternative to the mechanism of political parties to facilitate elections and governance is evolved. We have discussed this matter under the proposal forum. I am now posting a draft for the proposed World True Democracy Platform on the proposal forum. If people feel that World Direct Democracy Platform is a more suitable name then let it be so. But the basic principle behind it should be acceptable to all those who wish to end the reign of the prevailing pseudo-democracy based on political parties.
May peace be with us!
Yours Truly,
PVR