01505: Re: [WDDM] latest vote on DD

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:11:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [WDDM] latest vote on DD

Bruce,
This "vote" is meant to stimulate and finish up the discussion on the
first item of the proposed Glossary that you have yourself started.
There seem that there are two groups among out members, one is happy
with the narrower definition of DD (e.g. you at
http://www.world-wide-democracy.net/forum/read.php?23,444,531#msg-531),
the other group prefers the wider definition (DD requires complete
overhaul of the society; democracy and equality of opportunities in all
areas of social life, etc.)

Members can add alternative or more precise (in their view) definitions
of DD. In this way we can end up with the rankings of various
definition, and we may then concentrate on the most preferred one.

This is not a final vote, not a formal proposal or initiative, this is
an attempt to find what the common position of this groups could be.
This could then lead to a more formal proposal.

Mirek

Bruce Eggum wrote:
I am puzzled on what we are voting for or trying to determine in this
election.
It seems more information was needed.
The question provided is:
DD is Initiative and Binding Referendum and Recalls 2 *198* *99.00*
DD is a socio-political structure concentrating the Legislation
directly and exclusively in the hands of people

Initiative and Binding Referendum and Recall is one of numerous
processes which may be utilized by the people to govern directly.
If the people do not have Binding Referendum for instance, they would
not have the power to control their government.
Without I&BR&R the people have no direct or exclusive control.
So, what are we voting for?

DD includes Initiative and Binding Referendum which is necessary to
provide Legislation directly and exclusively in the hands of the people.

The above can not be separated or both would fail.
Bruce
--
Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA