01476: Re: Deciding the future course of action

From: echarp <emmanuel.charpentier(at)free.fr>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 21:09:21 +0200
Subject: Re: Deciding the future course of action

On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 01:19:55AM -0500, M. Kolar wrote:
echarp wrote:
Where do you get that democratically minded people are mostly
economically left?

Real democracy would be possible only if there are equal opportunities for
all in all spheres of human life, including economy. To realize this, you
have to have some sort of "leftist" economy - see e.g. the project of mixed
economy from the link in my previous mailing.

What is "left" to you?

To me, economic orientations and social freedom are two /mostly/
orthogonal matters.

Of course they do interact, but people could democratically choose a
"right" policy or just as well a "left" one (whatever left and right
exactly are).

"Left" dost not mean at all what existed in Eastern Europe till 1990, that
was at best a caricature of a left economy, essentially it was an
absolute-monopoly (statist) variation of capitalist economy.

It was definitely a statist system, same as now really. Both completely
contrary to liberalism and/or anarchism.

echarp - http://leparlement.org