01467: Re: Democratising the global system.

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:15:13 +0200
Subject: Re: Democratising the global system.

Hi,

my comments - requests for further explanations - inline.

Bruce ha scritto:
Bruce Eggum
to worldcit

Thank you Antonio for helping me to speak more clearly. ( I hope).

THE POWER is the power of the authority for running a community, state
or nation. Since we people have allowed or given up "our power" to a
Prime Minister or President to make most important decisions, we have
given that person THE POWER to do so. We have given the Parliament or
Congress THE POWER (our power) to make decisions on our behalf. Now in
a World Government, many are scrambling for that Power to run the
world. Some Billionaire's are spending enormous sums to grasp "THE
POWER" to run the world. This article names the people seeking "THE
POWER".
Ok.
I guess, since "we the people" have this POWER at our disposal,
this means that we are supposedly free in allowing or giving up it
to a some authority.

Accordingly, power and freedom should be two sides of a same coin.
I question: how could some Billionaire's intrude in this freedom of ours
and grasp it?

I realize the importance of being active in local community
government. Much can be resolved locally. However, the State and
Nation "POWER" dictates to the local community, so we are under their
control. The value of having Initiative and Binding Referendum (I&BR)
for local, State and Nation is beyond price. I&BR is essential to keep
us from being dictated to. I&BR allows the people to at least correct
errors, recall those who do not comply with the peoples commands. I&BR
also provides the people a way to develop and demand services.

I question: if it were "we the people" in charge for committing "THE
POWER" to some authority, how could this authority keep us under
their control?  Sounds contradictory, because this way it is not "we the
people" the origin of "THE POWER". This primum movens is the
authorities in office, because they keep "we the people" under their
control, encompassing how "we the people" chair  the same authorities
Now, with the Global or World Government being foisted upon us, it is
very important that people all over the World unite and demand that we
citizens of the World have an "Assembly of the Worlds People" which
gives us THE POWER to decide what the World Government shall do and
not do. The present Internet plus the many useful computer programs
provide ways the people could assemble locally, communicate Globally,
and vote for and demand the actions and programs the World Government
must do. The World Assembly would be a people run Assembly, and would
provide the documents and information needed to make good decisions.
The World Assembly would also coordinate the Initiatives of the
people. The local people (assembly) would provide this information
locally in printed form, posted locally on websites, in media, perhaps
available as a recording on the phone, provide referendum on World
matters etc. This way, all people would have access to the
information. People could go to their local community clerk and ask
questions, receive information etc.

The Assembly would not be a government group, however it would
communicate, interact and coordinate with government's.

Again, I question, how could we grasp THE POWER to decide
what the World Government shall do and not do" since we have
already allowed or given up all THE POWER at our disposal into
the hands of the authority in office?
It appears that you are pulling up THE POWERs like bunnies from
the hat of a conjurer, now.  How many THE POWER exist?
The danger is, if one person has THE POWER to run the world, that
person could be a total dictator, with the power to carry it out
through police and military. also using the corporations to control
wages and food available etc.

So I believe we need to immediately begin the infrastructure for a
Peoples Assembly and demand that the People of the World, through the
Peoples Assembly have ultimate power. (THE POWER)

I hope this clarifies a bit what I meant.

Not so much.

If it is ourselves who allowed or gave up THE POWER to them,
this implies that there is no more of it at our disposal.  On what further
power could the Peoples Assembly rely?

Bruce, I thank you for the goodwill, but I did not understand anything
concrete (but dreams only) from your explanations about THE POWER,
what is it, and where it springs from.

cheers,  antonio
All the Best, Bruce

On Aug 29, 3:41 pm, Antonio Rossin <ros...(at)tin.it> wrote:
Bruce,

I wonder (as usual) about what you're speaking of.

What is it "THE POWER"?

Whence does "THE POWER" spring from?

How could "the World" control the origin and the
distribution of  POWER, not to get enslaved?
(instead of desperately struggling -- but, by which
power? -- against THE POWERS that are up).

Food for thought,
antonio

Bruce ha scritto:
Obviously the Power People want THE POWER.
Here is a few of those competing to "rule the world".
We need to develop a Peoples Assembly. To be in charge
instead of these wanna be rulers. If we do not, the
World will be enslaved.
Although the author is biased in Christianity, the
information must be considered by all of us.
Bruce Eggum

CONCEILING THE WORKINGS OF THE EMERING WORLD ORDER

By: Attorney Constance Cumbey
August 29, 2007
NewsWithViews.com
If you were to hide something in plain view, how would you go about
it? Well, one way you might successfully do it is to give it a very
bland and common name. You might even call it something very ordinary.
One way might be to give it a name as common as BASIC. What can be
more "basic" than BASIC? Then one would have those words stand for
equally innocuous words such as, for example, "British American
Security Information Council." Who would ever think to look there?
Then you would establish a plain vanilla appearing website on a
google.com and/or yahoo.com search. Few would be like to notice it and
the participants could work openly without notice.
You could then work open with your networking institutions such as the
Brookings Institution, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and
You would fund it with a little help from your friends:

Please go to the link to read a alarming article.
http://www.newswithviews.com/Cumbey/constance11.htm

On Aug 28, 5:46 pm, Bruce <bruce.eg...(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Latin America  indigenous People are establishing democracy with their
Popular movement. I do hope they establish Initiative and Binding
Referendum statues so if another dictator is installed they would have
some power to deal with the matter. Bruce

    What the Rise of Democratic Movements in Latin America Means for
the Rest of the World
    By Nadia Martinez
    YES! Magazine
    Monday 20 August 2007
    As the people of Latin America build democracies from the bottom
up, the symbols of power are changing. What used to be emblems of
poverty and oppression - indigenous clothing and speech, the labels
"campesino" and "landless worker" - are increasingly the symbols of
new power. As people-powered movements drive the region toward social
justice and equality, these symbols speak, not of elite authority
limited to a few, but of power broadly shared.
http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?id=1730

On Aug 26, 10:57 am, Bruce <bruce.eg...(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Michael and all,

I certainly appreciate this paper Michael. I comment below.

M> "As the centre of a new global system for representation of the
people, it   could hold hearings, for example, with the director-
general of the world trade organisation, asking him to testify.  It
would deal with international opinion, by passing national laws.
Citizens can petition their countries to   join the global
parliamentary assembly and also   state that they themselves have a
right to be part of this global Parliament."

B> Petition our country's? "They" have no obligation to act on our
"petition." This is why I advocate Initiative and BINDING Referendum.
Indeed, Bush now has removed the USA from jurisdiction of the
International Criminal Court. Power?  Presently the king and his men
have power in most "democracy's"
http://www.blackagendareport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=vi...

This is why I strongly support a Assembly of the people first. This
Assembly of people could establish itself as an Assembly, with a
infrastructure allowing it to grow and change in real time. Networking
could be established and the people could develop a governing method
which they control totally without "representatives", corporations,
ngo's or wanna be kings making the decisions.  The assembly directives
would tell the "administration" what to do and demand they work to
carry into action these directives.