01457: A proposal (was: Re: [WDDM] Anarchism and Direct Democracy)

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:47:01 +0200
Subject: A proposal (was: Re: [WDDM] Anarchism and Direct Democracy)

Dear Mirek, and list

It seems to me, most of our time-wasting discussions
in this happened because of misunderstandigs of the
meanings and definitions of words.

My proposal is: why don't we install an official
"WDDM Glossary"with the definitions of the more
frequently used English terms, along our ongoing
spreading of democracy?

For instance, one word could be "Democracy" itself.
Another one could be "Anarchism". Another else
"Constitution" - and so on.

Something like wikipedia, with the only difference
that the official definition of each term should be
approved by the 50+1 majority votes.
Bruce would be happy with that, methinks.

Plainly, the terms of the WDDM Glossay should
be translated into every local language by the local
WDDM activists, and the local translation of each
term should be approved by the 50%+1 majority of
the local democrats, so that the local inhabitants
could be make informed of what Direct Democracy
stands for, and maybe adhere.

(Maybe, there is an official WDDM glossary having
been already installed - which I do not know about.
If so, forgive the ignorant and give me the URL.

Thanks,

antonio

M. Kolar ha scritto:
Dear Antonio,
IMHO, the original Greek meaning is not "absence of a leadership"
but "absence of rulers", with the meaning "no special ruling class
above the ruled ones".
Mirek

Antonio Rossin wrote:
Therefore, in a lack of such an agreement of a shared meaning,
I shall use the other tools at my disposal, in order to check out
what meaning I have to apply to the word. In this case, the tool
I have is its etymology, as the word "anarchy" has a precise one,
from the Greek, which stands for "absence of a leadership".
Please correct me if I were imprecise.