01451: Re: [WDDM] Re: Anarchism and Direct Democracy

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:36:30 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Re: Anarchism and Direct Democracy

Dear Echarp:

Let me add, the words - i.e. objects "which carry whatever
meaning *we* want" - are signs, prior than symbols.

If any of those signs has got the value of a symbol, there must
be an already convened meaning which that sign points out to.

Ciao,

antonio

echarp ha scritto:
About definitions.

Any word and/or concept can be defined and redefined at will. They are
just symbols which carry whatever meaning *we* want!

Thus, anarchists define anarchism in a specific way, which most of the
time is very different to the way dictionaries define it. But this is
the pleasure of a good conversation, to dig through labels and see what
they really relate to.

Dictionaries are the cemeteries of our living words :)

(in Greece, the very word "democracy" might have been used almost as in
injure, technically it should/could have been called "demarchy". See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athenian_democracy )

echarp - http://leparlement.org