01392: Re: Re: [WDDM] Simpol and True Democracy

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruceeggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:24:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: [WDDM] Simpol and True Democracy

Dear PVR and all,

PVR you have many good points. I especially like the www.myverdict.net site. This fills the function that people can bring their concerns, initiatives, proposals to the world for consideration. I can also post to the USA, Wisconsin and Shawano County. This is a tremendous achievement.

Using this as a "beginning" we could recruit people who would hopefully join and contribute their ideas and thoughts locally.

But! There is no power to do anything. A lot of money for a dream. If we are to take this beyond dream stage we must all work together to achieve WDDM's mission, to educate and advocate the advantages of I&BR. People who have experience with Initiative can be resources to assist communities in developing a process to achieve I&BR. We must get I&RB valid in all government.

Thus WDDM has taken on the responsibility to suggest ways people could develop I&BR in their own communities and Country'. WDDM needs to take it's role of I&BR advertisement and education very seriously.

WDDM does not develop software nor write statues. WDDM does not save the world. WDDM simply advocates I&BR.

The addition of Wiki so people could build their own community website was a nice addition. WDDM saw each individual community needed to develop their own government, their own I&BR. This too was in the original founding documents. These WIKI websites provide an initial starting point. WDDM also allows people to be heard and a gathering place for people to be listened to.

Whither Carmel or Bicarmel, Party based or Party-less that is the individual community's decision. WDDM does not and will not tell people what to do. That would be dictorial, not democratic.

PVR mentions the excellent Eniative software. These are tools which each Community could choose to utilize in their governing process. EParlement is another great software. There are others and I hope all will build a WDDM WIKI and provide info on their software. This provides choice for the communities. I advocate the people need to have a Network, meeting place,  organization where they can develop the initiatives they need for their community. Only they can decide if they want to utilize these methods. WDDM provides websites where each of these developers could post their tools and how people and communities could access them. This was another part of WDDM Mission, to gather and link all sites, tools and information on I&BR so the communities could find these things easily.

Networking. WDDM is part of a vast network of people seeking ways to "run their government". It is very important WDDM do what it has committed itself to do. Others in the network have their work which they do best. Developers develop. I can't do code my feeble mind forgets all those slash dot wigglers. We must not attempt to "do it all". The great advantage of networking is each finds their own best thing to do and does it. All of us benefit when Jiri writes his newspaper. All of us benefit when Mirik develops a new programming method. COMMUNITY that is what the web is.

People processing food so we can eat, could come to WDDM and quickly understand I&BR so they could choose to advocate for it or against it. They do their part, we must do ours. I thank them for my food.

There are others PVR, developing World Government initiatives. They have been working on this for years and years. Presently a new initiative to put up a Web Portal is likely to achieve much for the World Government process. As WDDM becomes an established credible organization it is likely they will be in our network too.

So PVR, I hope you develop your WDDM website, recruit people who can vote in your district and begin to establish I&BR. Than of course advocate neighboring communities to do the same. It is there where an Initiative to eliminate party's could be initiated.

Regards, Bruce

On 1 Aug 2007 13:57:30 -0000, Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan wrote:

Dear Antonio and all,
I have indicated in the course of several of my posts how a conscience-based political system can be ushered in. In fact WDDM has helped in improvising the original plan I have mentioned in my blog: http://musingsonpartylessdemocracy.blogspot.com . But let me update and summarize here what I have in mind:

1) The model of Roy Baine's www.myverdict.net is a good starting point. He has painstakingly collected names of about 140 countries, the primary divisions (states) of each of these countries and the secondary divisions of each of these primary divisions. Any person on earth belonging to one of these localities can thus express himself regarding matters concerning his/her area. I would suggest that we prepare a similar list but the names should be that of the constituencies at the state, district and sub-district levels so that the views expressed by voters of a particular constituency can consolidate and pave the way for action at the local level, either directly or through pressure exerted on the elected representative of that constituency (in terms of the prospects of him getting reelected or recalled if such a law is eventually passed). An example of exerting pressure of similar nature being already tried is given in the following link: http://www.alliance21.org/2003/article.php3?id_article=2455

Thus WDDM can be a platform for people to make their voice heard. The members who register themselves at WDDM can express on what they they would like to see happening with respect to their locality/state/nation on issues that concern them. Similarly they can express dissatisfaction on issues that affect them. Thus the individual's conscience is made the centre of all activity and not the views of a small minority belonging to the political or other elite classes.

2) In order to add weightage to the views of the people it should be made clear that if the members of a particular area feel that the elected representatives are failing in their task, then the voters would join together in the next ensuing election to campaign for the candidate (either an independent or belonging to a political party that believes in conscience-based governance) whom they believe would seriously take note of the people's views expressed on the WDDM (and other such platforms).

3) Eventually the above steps can lead to a situation where 'conscience-based governance' through 'partyless mechanism within the elected house' can be made into a law if the people so desire. The political parties would still exist but would be confined to promoting their particular ideology outside the elected house, having no role in actual governance.

The above step wise approach would allow freedom of thought to the people and would allow increasing degree of activism towards truer democracy depending on the need of the locality and the way the political parties respond to the challenge. Political parties and independent politicians would find that getting themselves registered at the WDDM and adopting the principle of 'conscience-based governance' would be advantageous to them. NGOs fighting for various social causes would find that supporting the WDDM by registering themselves in it would be of great help in promoting their respective causes.

The global approach of WDDM would be an advantage since the possible down-side of adopting 'conscience-based governance' to individual national economies in terms of losing competitiveness would be balanced by similar changes occurring everywhere. The global approach naturally would add to the appeal and credibility of 'conscience-based governance' to the common man.

There is vast scope of further refinement of the above proposal. I&R Tools like Enitiative can be integrated to facilitate deliberation
and decision making by the people.

I will post this under the proposal forum for what it is worth.

PVR

--
Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA