01375: Re: [WDDM] Repeted answer to Antonio

From: Giorgio Menon <giorgio.menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:01:50 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Repeted answer to Antonio

Antonio Rossin wrote:

The possible solutions you are talking about have to fight against
the ruling
culture that wants smart people own a fast, powerful, big car. As
long as
people keep receiving thousands of messages a day with this exact same
meaning, i think your proposal more bicycles and less cars will
never been
considered.

Of course.

That's what communication is for: trying to convince people. The
elites are
immensely more communicative that we are, and this is the real problem.
We don't have access to the media, they own them: they democratically
bought them. We could have done it, but we didn't. Our fault, no?

Yes, but you surely know the old Latin ditto:

"Errare umanum est; perseverare diabolicum"

(into English: "To err is human; to keep steadily on doing it is
diabolical")

I question whether the fault is recoverable, and -- affirmatively --
how. This is why I am discussing democracy

Diabolicum, dear Antonio, is the selfreferential system that allows the
elites to have access to the existing resources while denying such
access to anyone else. I don't consider myself guilty of not owning a
media. One must have stolen billion euros from common people's pockets
to own them or to have full access to them. I'm a simple worker and i
have never stolen a cent. Do you find diabolicum working all day long to
feed the family and pay the bills knowing that bankers live a different
life?
My fault may be recoverable, but i wonder if it deserves being
recovered. In all honestly i don't envy their lifes.
"Labor umanum est, sed etiam diabolicum"

Regards

Giorgio