01365: Re: [WDDM] Repeted answer to Antonio

From: Giorgio Menon <giorgio.menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:20:20 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Repeted answer to Antonio

Antonio Rossin wrote:

G:
You should then explain me how can people live outside a stratified
society.
The problem is the stratified society built to keep the elites
wealthy and powerful. Democracy well serves this goal.

A:
Not exactly, Democracy. But a political arrangement, deceptively called
"democracy", in which the people Democratically renounced Democracy

G:
Here we go again. You say there's democracy and Democracy. I'm sure
there's dEMOCRACY too and a friend of mine knows someone who claimes he
saw a DeMoCraCy once. Calling different situations with the same name
generates only confusion. On the other hand pretending an existing
situation is "better" that it really is remains a bad sign of
schizophrenia IMHO.
Please let's separate dreams from reality. Dreams are a necessary drive
for anyone. But reality has its own necessities.
History has always shown just one face of democracy, no matter how you
like to write it. It's about 2500 years that the elites are
"democratically" ruling the people. I find also deceitful the concept of
Tribal Democracy like the political system adopted by the Bushmen. They
discuss social issues till everyone agrees with the final solution. No
majority involved, no numbers to count. Just what they all really need.

A: Where the people are
able to question the authority, and the authority provides the people
with
the fit rooms in which the people can question the authority itself
(be it
political, religious or scientific authority, it doesn't matter. It
is the dialectic
method of discussing everything, learned since babyhood, what matters)
((IMHO))

Questioning is not always a sign of wisdom. Would you question driving
on the right lane?
Discussions are very important, but at times they are a sufficient alibi
to deny any change.

Dear Giorgio,

I cannot control the offer of oil in the markets of London and New York.
I can only control my demand of oil

Do you own a solar powered car maybe? You can't control nearly anything
in the oil process. Surely you need it to move, and you (anyone,
actually) indirectly use a huge amount of it even without moving. I read
somewhere that the few KJoule of a steak are nothing compared to the
KJoule needed to transport, stock, refrigerate and cook it. Can you
control this? The system is too big now to be controlled. And i'm quite
sure that even at the top of the pyramidal societies people don't know
much how to handle it. It's enough for them to keep it running the way
they like it.

Regards

Giorgio