01364: Re: [WDDM] Direct Democracy in Switzerland and its Discontents

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 10:39:04 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Direct Democracy in Switzerland and its Discontents

Dear Martin,

I wholeheartedly appreciate your contribution to my knowledge.

I hope you will stay in and continue with your fresh sharing-in.

As for what you wrote in your previous post:
l believe you should know what you are fighting against when you are
trying to achieve something like Direct Democracy.
Personnally l do believe there is a conspiracy, and have being trying to
put the puzzle together.
The fact that a few percent control the wealth of the world is no
accident.

My humble opinion is, even though it is likely that some of the
documents you quoted (the Illuminati, the Protocols of Zion etc.)
are a false and have been created for political propaganda, this
doesn't imply that the reality figured out these tales is untrue --
or that the "elitism" topic which these tales are about shan't be
decently discussed .

The sad fact is, no one has to plot or say anything overtly elitist,
because, given the totality of our system where everyone competes
more or less violently for becoming a member of the money-power
holding elite, the peaceful innocent can never -- or very hardly --
break through our self-imposed economic barrier.

On this topic, let me quote Silvano Borruso's "/Economic Law,
Ethics and Paradox - Is there a Way out?/"
From: American Journal of Political Economy, March 2005,
entire quote at: http://www.arpejournal.com :

After being thrown out of the IMF for whistle-blowing,
Joe Stiglits, ex-Chief Economist of that venerable institution,
received the Nobel Prize for Economics in 2001, for his
explanation of how "asymmetric markets" work. An
asymmetric market is one where some people know more
than others. Had the Nobel Prize existed in Aesop's time,
the fox that enticed the crow to speak so as to make him
drop his cheese would have easily qualified for it.

The man and his prize are emblematic of the
disorder in economic [& political, let me add] affairs
that has been spreading since /The Wealth of Nations/.
The past 200 years have increasingly seen what may
well be called "the Stiglitz paradox": parallel to the
setting up of university chairs, tenured professors,
prestigious textbooks, journals of great erudition, and
thousands upon thousands of doctoral theses (published
or not) not to mention the Nobel awards, the economy
of the real world, suffered in the flesh by countless men,
women and children, is a world where poverty reigns
side by side with opulence; unemployment rises its
ugly head side by side with the need of work; the gap
between the rich and the poor widens by the day;
and the scourge of war and terrorism goes together
with a diminishing freedom caused by the oppressive
intromission of the State in personal and family affairs.

That is, I welcome those people, like you, who want to
add more political knowledge to where there is a great
need of it for the greater advantage of Democracy.

I thank you very, very much for that -- and let us greet
the malignant, maybe interested, others with a hearty:
"Honni soit qui mal y pense".