01336: Re: [WDDM] Anti-Semitism

From: Georges Metanomski <zgmet(at)yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:05:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Anti-Semitism

--- "Mark Antell, editor CitizenPowerMagazine.net"
<citizenp(at)citizenpowermagazine.net> wrote:

MA:
Of course it’s ok to criticise the government of
Israel....
G:
Or that of Norway or Peru for that matter, on
condition IMO that this critique is
-pertinent to DD, which was supposed at time to be
WDDM's principal interest,
-au fait on the issue it endeavors to criticise, i.e.
well documented and understanding involved problems,
-objective and unbiased.
I did criticise Israel actively, unlike the back seat
drivers:
-risking prison and court-martialed for knocking out
my superior officer in defense of an Arab (actually
I was acquitted and congratulated by the judge;
another point against Israel?),
-running into serious trouble for defending interests
of Arab families of my students,
-compromising my career and having to leave Israel
for having refused the blackmail dragging me into
a corruption deal.
My belly aches when I hear back seat drivers talking
with hateful bias about problems they totally ignore
and glorifying the preparation of the second
Holocaust.
So, maybe rather than jumping to critiques, we should
better start by discussing and learning?
Example: One person asked me what I understand under
Zionism and another called me Zionist Nazi.
MA:
To Georges Metanomski: I think you’d make a more
compelling case if youwrote with less bombast. I’ll
not here discuss your suggested programother than to
note that it’s well ‘within the envelope’ of
WDDMdiscourse.
G:
Difficult to avoid bombast when your belly aches, but
thanks for good advise. If by "my suggested program"
you mean the Shadow Parliament, it has been fervently
discussed and tested in one or two places, but for
some reason it was not remarked in WDDM. Dealing too
much with DD? Maybe it could be worth while to reopen
it as a thread?
MA:
WDDM membership, do we need to do something about
this? Perhaps weshould add something to our charter
about tolerance and intolerance? I propose we add the
following sentence to the charter article
5(membership):

“We do not tolerate slurs against ethnicity, religion,
nationality,skin color, gender, or sexual orientation
between consenting adults.”
G:
Good proposal and I vote for it, if here is the time
and place. However, I would suggest to add the
requirement of pertinency to DD. Too much flamenco
dancing and too little, if any, DD on the list.

Georges