01289: Myverdict

From: "Annette Jackson" <aja95799(at)bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:38:09 +1000
Subject: Myverdict

Below was put on my blog site,in the comments section,may be of interest.

As an advocate of direct democracy, you will obviously want to know the majority view of the electorate on all issues, from local to international level. A new website http://www.myverdict.net, has been launched to find those views. Should it become widely used it will enable legislators to better represent their constituents.
Billed as an exercise in direct democracy, the site is free, anonymous and carries no advertising. It does not try to sell anything.
Users can post questions and arguments, vote and even change their vote should the arguments persuade. The site covers over 25,000 administrative divisions in all 244 inhabited countries.
In the UK, Members of Parliament have been invited to express their opinions on issues within their remit and Douglas Carswell, MP for Harwich, is the first MP to register and do so. This facility will soon be extended to legislators from other nations.
I think this could be a valuable resource for you and your supporters.
Best Regards
Roy Daine

Cheers Martin Jackson