01219: Re: [WDDM] Proposal

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:36:45 -0700
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Proposal

BLANK vote works the same way as your REJECT.
If a majority gives a blank vote, they are listed in the total number of
votes casts, and that candidate can never be elected because it cannot
get more than the required 50% of votes. The same way in range vote (if
most give somebody a N vote, ie. BLANK, this candidate cannot make the
quorum).
Mirek

Bruce Eggum wrote:

I guess I need to be more clear. I and others have "not voted" for an
individual however they run alone and are "elected" or the issue is
accepted for instance of two issues, neither any good, one would be
"accepted". By having a REJECT available, and the majority rejected
the individual or issue, it would indicate something needed changing
and it behooves those presenting the issue or person go back to the
drawing board.

Obviously if the majority rejected the item, it should not be validated.
Bruce

On 6/4/07, *M. Kolar* < wddm(at)mkolar.org> wrote:

Not really, blank vote is counted in the number of total voters
participating.
Non-participation, no-interest does not appear there.

Mirek

<wddm(at)mkolar.org>>> wrote:

> On course, blank vote is there. You simple leave all fields
blank (no
> check), or all fields blank (or mark with an N) in a range vote.
> And you can at the same time nominate your alternative
candidates.
> Mirek
>
> Nicolas Durand wrote:
>
> > Well, there are 3 things:
> >
> > a) people not interested by the matter – they leave it up
to the
> > majority – it's their choice (just as Bruce just said)
> >
> > b) people not able to vote because in vacation or so – this is
> why we
> > need to give enough time
> >
> > c) Blank vote – I did not see this option on this
referendum. I find
> > important to be able to vote blank, saying "None of these
> options suit
> > me. Please rephrase" (=please give me other candidates in an
> election).
> >
> > I am a very strong supporter of the blank vote. I think
that it
> needs
> > to be added to every poll and election, and be treated as
another
> > candidate or option, meaning that if more people vote
blank than
> for a
> > candidate or an option, things must be re-shuffled.
> >
> > Nico

Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA
http://www.doinggovernment.com/