01191: Re: [WDDM] What the Hell is Democracy?

From: Mr Pras <mrpras(at)googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:08:34 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] What the Hell is Democracy?

Today Democracy is a joke - or a very well constructed game..

We are living in a slave-world folks where the people who are managing their
so-called democracy are really all in a communistic situation where they
share their wealth amongst themselves and the reset of us play a game we
call democracy.

It's easy to beat a democracy - create a powerful group that has several
runners for the presidency. One of your guys is going to win.

Secondly, democracy doesn't have to be generated via a democratic method.
This will never work/ Any real party needs real leadership and I believe a
mastery of leadership requires solid decisions. Democracy has never produced
solid decisions since it's inception. (maybe a few times)

I came up with a few pointers and an overall solution (potentially) to this
problem. Firstly, Capitalism is a form of democracy that you vote with your
money. Secondly, Democracy is a form of communism. We all get an equal share
in our voting rights. This I believe is where the core problem lies and have
discussed previously on this board other means of achieving group
decisionmaking.

I've formulated a solution together with Daniel Rosen that I could present
here if anyone is interested = The Distributed Democracy Party.

It's distributed meaning it exists in a cellular fashion - many nodes. It is
distributed because people get to vote on their local issues as well. It is
distributed because it is a technology based system that people can adopt
with minimum effort. It does not seek to replace government - it only seeks
to create an actual democratic decision-making system in the wider world of
the people themselves.

Democracy is a dead horse and if we aren't planning on re-inventing it we
should step down. The next generation will do it for us, but at least this
way we can participate in it's reform.

Pras Anand
Social Computer