01130: Re: Regarding rule by representatives

From: echarp <emmanuel.charpentier(at)free.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:23:11 +0200
Subject: Re: Regarding rule by representatives

Why not let the participants decide for themselves what level of
representation they want?

Why not make it an individual choice on each issue?

Let's say I trust person X on issue Y, and I don't have much time to
follow this issue on a day to day basis. I could just rely on him.

But, if ever comes up something on issue Y, on which I disagree with X,
then I should be able to:
* change my representative
* override my representative on that particular thing

This should combine the best of both worlds, with less possibilities for
betrayals and waste of energy.

What do you think?

echarp - http://leparlement.org

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 10:49:04AM +0200, Filia den Hollander wrote:
There is indeed a greyzone in which two 'paradigms' overlap. There's a
s y s t e m (political) and we can make it as tight as we can, but
there will always be a 'level' in which we have to rely on (read:
trust) people.

We usually think in terms of 'control' and 'limit the betrayal', but
there's also the g i f t of people willing to spend extratime and
energy. The one aspect which is usually left out, is that we are
responsible together for healthy conditions in which we all can 'blossom'.