01128: WDDM Board - Communication Process

From: "Mark Antell, editor CitizenPowerMagazine.net" <citizenp(at)citizenpowermagazine.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 02:40:14 -0400
Subject: WDDM Board - Communication Process

Richard,  George,

How's this?

Mark Antell, member
WDDM executive board

PS.  To all recipients.  Please read this note to the end before reacting.  Thanks.
------------------------

Proposed motion concerning executive board communications:

The WDDM charter requires that executive board communications be carried out openly.
However, discussing business issues in the general WDDM Forum might tend to disrupt and confuse other discussion.
Therefore, WDDM shall set up a Forum for executive board communication.
Posting-rights to this Forum shall be limited to the executive board, plus all candidates in the recent election.  All WDDM members shall have read privileges.

Notes:

Our executive board has three members.  Approval by a majority (ie. two of us) is needed for the motion to pass.  Mirek has agreed to set up an executive board Forum as mentioned above, if that's what we want.

I urge passage,  It will allow us to frame and initiate general membership discussion on substantive issues like, for example: completing a mission statement, addressing WDDM finances, and beginning to interact with other direct democracy groups.

The consequences of passage by the executive board are described in item 11 of the Charter:
1. A motion passed by the executive board has only temporary validity.  It must be presented to the membership for a ratification vote.
2. Ratification voting is open for two weeks after a motion is posted for vote.

For completeness sake, it may be noted that the WDDM Charter specifies (under item 9) an alternate, initiative, method for posting a motion for vote by the membership.  If a proposed motion is seconded by three members it shall be posted for a binding vote by the general membership.