01125: Re: [WDDM] Response to PVR - Regarding rule by representatives

From: Giorgio Menon <giorgio.menon(at)pd.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:12:28 +0200
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Response to PVR - Regarding rule by representatives

Antonio Rossin wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately, most of democracy activists neglect
facing this very subject, that is, the about 98 % of the population
being dependent on the about 2 % of the
"politicians" opinion engineering anf PR to the only
advantage of the power-holders elite

Great post. Add this to the fact that science is no ethical but an
utilitarian tool boosting the capabilities of interaction with the
environment (firmly in the hands of the same 2%) and the picture is
pretty clear: our rulers make an intense use of modern science
(democracy included) to wipe our need and seek for peace off, while
teaching us how good all this mess is.
If there's a hope, that hope lays in a reduction of this democracy and
technology and in a greater social and personal responsability. Which is
exactly what modern democracies want to reduce via PR. Bow and obey, and
everything will be fine: we KNOW what does you good.

Regards

Giorgio