01096: Re: RE: [WDDM] Elections

From: "Vijayaraghavan Padmanabhan" <vijayaraghavan.p(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: 4 May 2007 03:17:39 -0000
Subject: Re: RE: [WDDM] Elections

There is a certain amount of sanctity in the secret vote. It is not merely not allowing others to see whom you vote. It is an _expression_ of your innermost view. Your subsequent actions should not be coloured by the vote you cast for whomsoever it is. Externally it is best that we maintain strict neutrality in our thoughts and actions. Transparency is different. It is a desirable thing in administrative matters. I hope that my views are taken in the right spirit.
PVR

On Thu, 03 May 2007 Nicolas Durand wrote :
>I'm also in favor of the secret vote.
>
>It's the "standard" voting method in most democracies and I think we should
>do the same.
>
>Nico

God Bless us all