01060: Re: [WDDM] Elections

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 03:17:28 -0700
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Elections

I am almost done with the secret voting code.
At first I plan to make it available as a test with hypothetical
candidates so people can try it, and decide whether they want to use it.
It seems that most people so far preferred the secret voting.

For the real voting, we have so far two candidates who declared interest
in being on the Board: Mark Antell and George Kokkas. We need at least
one more, so please submit your declarations or nominations of others.

Mirek

Doug Everingham wrote:

My personal preference is for open voting,
secondchoice method might be to allow
each voter to choose whether to disclose to the voting group her/his
vote,
third choice secret ballot.
-- Doug Everingham
===

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:16:42 AM Australia/Brisbane
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net
Subject: [WDDM] Elections

As for the elections, I can prepare secret elections so that even I
would not be able to see what the votes of individual members are if
everybody is willing to vote on the WDDM website (after login and
setting for themselves another "election" password, that would enable
them to check only their votes at any later time). Is this your
preference?
Or do you want to vote in the open as before by e-mail to this list?

Let me know, please.

Mirek

P.S. Of course, I also welcome George's participation.