01046: Re: [OPEN_WDDM] Approved WDDM (?) Charter

From: "George Kokkas" <geoko(at)otenet.gr>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:47:39 +0300
Subject: Re: [OPEN_WDDM] Approved WDDM (?) Charter

  Dear Co-citizens,

     unfortunately  I could not follow all the recent procedures in WDDM, as I worked hard for the greek participation in the  International D.D. Conference under the  title "No Europe without its people", that took place in Berlin (March 24-25, 2007- www.berlin2007.org), where  I met also the founding  member  of WDDM Franz Isemann and we had some good chances to express all the seven years old direct democratic culture and good or bad experiences of WDDM to the participants. Finally we gave  a DD message to the  27 leaders of European Union about Citizen Initiatives etc.
    I am also very much working on the local level in Athens, where I have to coordinate  a Committee of Direct Democracy in  a main suburb and I could not express my thoughts for the procedure and results of the new WDDM Charter, as a draft. I notice that there is no reference to the binding decisions already made by collective bodies of WDDM, as the last (3rd) international Conference of WDDM , having taken place in Prague (September 2005). As I have the order to fulfill the initial establishment of WDDM in Athens and I am waiting the final text of the Charter, I wonder if the text below is the whole one, as it doesn't follow all the requirements, already  specifically expressed writtenly after the Prague Conference.
    As it is very important to continue well after this new interesting attempt , thanks to Mark Antell, I wish to participate in the new executive Board feeling that it is necessary to assist as a Bridge (founding member  and ex V.Spokesperson of WDDM) between our tradition and future. In any way , I have to mention that ONLY the text below is NOT enough, although practical, for our aims. We should also find a solution to the problem of the original MISSION STATEMENT (signed in Delfi 2000)that is binded legally with the terminology  and name WDDM and the current situation that looks to have NO Mission Statement, therefore  it may not use as it is approved now the mark WDDM etc.
      I am flying  to France , Cannes in three hours, as a lawyer of the audiovisual sector for the Film Market taking place there and probably  I will not  be able to respond to any comments before the next weekend. So, please wait before any new procedures, as we have to  pay attention to the possible  dates and obligations of all serious participants in the Direct Democratic Movement.It is good to help every real re-birth of collective works with respect and conciousness to every tradition.
    Congratulations  for this serious attempt!

George L. Kokkas
Coordinator of NGOs
"Forum for Citizens' Democracy"
and "Democratic Euro-Vision".