01035: Re: [WDDM] Charter Proposal for WDDM - Submitted for Adoption Vote

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 05:51:39 -0800
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Charter Proposal for WDDM - Submitted for Adoption Vote

Doug,
please note that you can vote separately on individual paragraphs of the draft
charter. Thus you could for example vote against the mission statement, and for
all the rest.

The mission statement is the one formulated by the original WDDM around 2000.
The discrepancy you noticed can be relatively easily rectified. The mission
statement mixes apparently mixes together the actions to be taken after the
full implementation of Direct Democracy (no representatives), and before the
full implementation when representatives are still present but I&R&recalls are
already available. This could be stated explicitly in the Mission Statement.

This kind of comments/reviews/discussion is what is badly needed to remove all
the discrepancies and formulate finally a consistent set of WDDM documents.
Thanks,

Mirek

Dear Mark,

I refrain from voting for the draft charter because it includes at a
page accessed via

www.world-wide-democracy.net

a mission statement which includes apparently contradictor sections:

1.2 The power to
formulate laws and policies must be vested directly in the People
without representatives at all levels of
societal life.

and

1.5 Peoples
Initiatives, backed by sufficient number of signatures, should mandate
a binding Referendum and/or recall of unworthy
representatives (I&R+R) decided by public vote.

and

1.7 We as
'Facilitators' shall endeavor to help citizens to setup Planning
Cells, Citizen Juries, and Citizens Forums, as local bodies
to supervise municipal and local administrations and
public administrations. These 'Forums' will hear and attempt to settle
issues, and if they cannot, then refer them either to the courts or to
Citizens Parliaments.

-- Doug Everingham

=======