00970: WDDM Committee, anarchy away

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:05:49 -0600
Subject: WDDM Committee, anarchy away

Dear Georgio, George and list,

Your points are very significant Georgio. We do follow to many numbers and computer illiterate rationalizations. The total lack of participation by the people results in a dictatorship of rulers. These rulers or their kin keep coming back over and over.

Democracy has been a "catch phrase" rather than a method of the people actually controlling their government. As you point out, has there ever been a real democracy?

No, WDDM will not fall to anarchism providing the members become active and take the responsibility of running this organization. If the members fail to do this however, anarchism or dictatorship will be the way of things.

"Direct" Democracy, using the Swiss model provides for the people to control, and to alter their government (or organization) or laws at any time. This was the model which WDDM sought to follow when it was founded. This is what we are trying to accomplish.

DD however is a system which provides for the people to have total control of an organization, or a government.

What seems to be forgotten when discussing WDDM is that before DD can be implemented to run an organization, there must be an organization to run.

That is why the Founding Documents, which provide the original "Charter" or explanation of the internal structure of WDDM, is what we are bound to. This is the organization.

No, an organization is not a website, nor is it a group drinking coffee at the local pub nor a bunch of people sending email to each other arguing the merits of rain.

The WDDM members who are against the idea of a committee are undermining the FD, and seek to have the WDDM run with no structure, no leadership even by the members. That is the foundation of Anarchism which you and I know would only destroy WDDM.  I was glad to see George Kokkas posting that we will appoint a committee and begin to structure WDDM in direct democracy, the way of the FD's and also the way the members choose.

 I do ask how we will select those of this committee. The idea of choosing by Lottery as Aki suggests may be one alternative. I do hope George Kokkas helps us to initiate his timely and appropriate suggestion.

 As to further discussion of anarchy, I believe anarchy is so self-centered, that no group discussion is possible, nor do they believe in group decisions.

 We need a reunion of direct democrats, to discuss methods of working together and uniting our ideas so we can offer rational constructive information to the world in it's quest toward Direct Democracy. This is the path to universal peace, health, liberty and equality.

 Please continue this thread. You have initiated an important topic.

Regards Bruce,

--
Bruce Eggum
Gresham Wisconsin, USA