00964: RE: [WDDM] Democracy and Anarchy do not mix

From: Richard Moore <rkm(at)quaylargo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:26:50 +0000
Subject: RE: [WDDM] Democracy and Anarchy do not mix

Duncan Thorp wrote:
Being calm, organised, practical and with sound yet radical arguments I aim to make more and more people become aware of DD and start to think about how this could be done in practice. I'm definitely no conservative but to be blunt I think it's achieving more than wearing a mask and smashing a McDonalds restaurant.

Thanks Duncan for your sensible thinking.

You suggest that 'how this could be done in practice' is in fact an open question. I agree, and it seems to me we need to discuss that as an open question, without insisting we already have a formula, or prohibiting the consideration of some possible formulas.

Certainly black-mask 'anarchism' is a stupid and counter-productive approach. I've always suspected that such behavior at anti-globalization demos has been encouraged by provacateurs.

best wishes,
richard