00961: Resignation

From: "Bernard Clayson" <bernard-clayson(at)shuartfarm.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:22:28 -0000
Subject: Resignation

Please accept my resignation from wddm.

Reasons:

a) I am too busy locally to watch paint dry on this list, and it is a non-contributary distraction
from my primary objective - to find out how democracy works with people.
12 years ago I started constructing New Political System, it had numerous levels and a defined
structure.
Ditto with Lee's model and others.
About 5 years ago I constructed Phoenix, a multi-level structured email system that was capable of
keeping everyone informed without involving those with other interests on the other lists.
The most vocal objection (same name as a USA Vietnam war program) came from someone who realises (at
last) that -
"I think a good idea to recognize that we each have different talents and"

b) "to join together like people into nine groups to bring out their specialty is a good idea.
Nine? at the current rate of progress, in 20 years time it will sink in that nine is totally
inadequate for the job in hand, and it will be totally academic to most of us anyway.

c) It would not be too wild a guess that these 'nine' groups would be on the web i.e. we would have
to go looking to follow what is happening.
I live in the UK (which is rapidly heading to dictatorship), yet I get regular summaries with links
to download the full detail .... if it interests me.
I can't be the only one with a slow connection, and if a dictatorial government can keep me
informed, why can't wddm.

d) "we need an organisation" - even a one-man business operates in different modes, an electrician
would not (if he wanted to live) connect to the mains whilst thinking about his tax returns.
Ditto with companies, government and organisations, yet 6 years later, wddm is still trying to
function on a single plane email system, and complains about confusion.

e) A founding member of wddm is rebuked (for making a suggestion) with -
"The topic is WDDM Charter, not various kinds of DD or government. If you want to advocate for a
specific DD model or type, you can do so on WDDM Website using Forum and WIKI"
The same dictatorial approach that caused me to resign the first wddm.

f) "we need a voting system" - in 25 years time, assuming a voting system is introduced, you will
have voted yourselves in to a corner with the advocates saying "well we voted on that".
Which is the situation that gave cause to my second public-run referendum.

g) In 30 years time, it may occur to some that there are more important aspects than voting.

If someone could please show me the exit, I would appreciate it.
I will be interested in returning, or joining a progressive group, if there is any sign of
willingness to TRY different approaches.

Meanwhile ........ you should make good progress with me out of the way.

Adios amigos

Regards
Bernard