00932: Re: Toward a WDDM Charter

From: Antonio Rossin <rossin(at)tin.it>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:29:36 +0100
Subject: Re: Toward a WDDM Charter

Dear Cees

I must confess, you have a bit hurt my feelings, in the recent past.
This is why I wrote to you (see my last post on this same thread):

>> Ah.  Had it not been yourself, who once told me that you
>> have to walk with your legs only? It's a good, that you have
>> come back home  ;-)

Anyway, just a while ago, I was reading your previous post.
You wrote:

> >> i will not direct my links to you in the future ...
> >> althought i see my contributions here not only directed to
> >> the single partaker, whom i see as a part of a co-creating
> >> & co-destructive force gathering all and various talents
> >> (potentials).
> >> if a barriere list of what links are and what links are not
> >> allowed, please hint me ...
and now you posted:

> of course this words of me on my stand or attitude in
> articulating my out of my awareness of realizing myself
> is not fertile (out of/in) the eyes of seniors ... and i have
> respect for this historically grown hierarchy ... really  :-(

Well, dear friend, trying to compose the mosaic:

No one bans you from going on your legs.
There is but a common road, along which you are welcome to
go, and this road is Democracy, which is a bit more known at
the seniors' eyes, than at the youngsters' like you, just because
(we) seniors have got a bit more experience than the youth.
Hence some historically as well as naturally grown hierarchy
rises up .  Therefore, feel free to go on your legs, but, please,
be sure that you're going along the same road -- if you wanted
to be fertile democratically.

Yet this common road -- Democracy -- is still far from being
completely known, even to the seniors' eyes, and this is why
the journey is so difficult.

The Democracy mosaic, IMHO, is still missing a key-tessera.
It is, Democracy is territory-linked. Democracy -- its Charter,
to stick to the point -- must be *directly* linked to the local
territory. I mean, it must come out from the local territory
grassroots bottom-up.

More specifically, we World Citizens cannot pretend to state a
worldwide Democracy Charter, one which fits all the different
territories all over the world, so to be exported globally.
See for instance the craziness of Bush and the Americans (not
the Native ones) who wanted to export their fundamentalist
democracy into Iraq, without any respect for the local territory
customs and culture -- most of all, the Iraqi's fundamentalist
theocracy.  Clearly, their "democracy" (say, that of Bush and
his people) suffers heavily from this lack of a territory-linked
concept of democracy.  See for instance how much they
respect all others' territories, not only that of the Iraqi, but also
that of Native Americans -- and the common global one, the
one which the Kyoto Protocol is about.

Well, coming back to the common road.  I, as a "senior" (in
your hierarchy), can give you one hint only.

Be careful dear friend, to check out where the demand
(for democracy issues & policies) comes from.  If  the
demand came out from top-down, eg., from a more or less
sensible group of Democracy lovers-activists -- ourselves
perhaps, who mayeven produce some detailed Charter for
what Democracy should be -- that cannot be a territory
linked democracy, really a common road to go.

To be clearer:  even if you've got the best General Charter
of "Global Democracy", how could you succeed to make it
be accepted by any local people, if they had no demand of
their own, say, grassroots bottom-up, for it?  By means of
the army, a la Bush, perhaps? or with the money?

Conversely, if the final Charter were an overall guideline,
with as least of detailed fundamentals as possible, but as
much more room as possible for the local people's voices --
their local demands -- coming from the territory grassroots
bottom-up, that could become the wanted common road to
go: on your own legs of course, S'ace, to share-in with your
precious contribute.

Hoping this helps complete the Democracy mosaic, cheers

antonio
PS.
Thanks you S'ace for your fertile demand...