00881: Re: [WDDM] Re: decisions at wider levels

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 11:21:51 -0600
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Re: decisions at wider levels

It is true no "permission" is necessary for people to discuss and decide things, it is a natural right. (Although sometimes taken away and sometimes not exercised)

It is also recognised that if an action is desired, the people have a right to hold a referendum so all people can choose if that action is to be taken. Voting is not a bad thing.

You also said Richard, you would not participate in an organization. Than you send a document of how YOU want people to organize themselves (organization), and accept some specific websites view of things.

Perhaps we need to be in an organization which has tools to discuss and decide how together we can benefit society. Than take our ideas to the people to decide if they want it (referendum), WDDM could do that, if the people participate.

 If you read  Sociocracy website http://www.sociocracy.info you find they need to vote, have problems discussing and deciding also. There is no "perfect" way.

A person who makes an organization for the people, without the people, is basically a dictator.

Bruce

On 1/5/07, Richard Moore < rkm(at)quaylargo.com> wrote:

Antonio Rossin wrote:
Please explain in further details:
     What are the means and the necessary local conditions -- including the
authority -- which you propose to establish an inclusive dialog process
in the case of a community?
     I mean, some community authority is necessary, in order to establish
any thing into a given community.  To whom, the task?

Hi Antonio,

No authority is required in order for people to gather together in various ways and begin practicing useful dialog in their communities. It is necessary only that motivated citizens organize and publicize appropriate events. As regards what kind of events, I'll send you a document I've been working on with some others.

cheers,
rkm

--
Bruce Eggum