00820: Re: [cicdd] Re: Gravel´s campaign

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 11:32:06 -0600
Subject: Re: [cicdd] Re: Gravel´s campaign

I agree with Georges. A National Initiative and Binding Referendum must be mandated by the people. Not cluttered with a "campaign" for office. Gravel has brought publicity for I&R, however people not liking Gravel, would vote against I&R to keep Gravel from being president.

We need a major campaign from the roots of the US. (meaning the people)
Bruce

On 11/25/06, zgmet <zgmet(at)wanadoo.fr > wrote:

--- In cicdd(at)yahoogroups.com, "Jiri Polak" <jiri.polak@...> wrote:

> Dear all,
> if somebody has missed that, I draw everybody´s attention to
Sen.Gravel´s presidential campaign. (www.gravel2008.us), particularly
to his speech concerning foreign policy recently delivered in New
Hampshire. I believe this is the only way out of the present crisis,
perhaps the only chance for the USA. A USA dominated by the neo-
conservative ideology and militaristic policy is courting disaster.
Whether Sen.Gravel makes it to the White House or not, his ideas
should be implemented. Let´s support him, all of us!
> Sincerely,
> Jiri Polak
> jiri.polak@...

1.Should they? Maybe, and maybe not. It's to
the Forum to decide and you would have in this
decision just ONE voice. You could have the
elementary decency to precede your ex cathedra
dictate with "IMO".

2.As to Gravel, I read:

"WHEN ELECTED PRESIDENT BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
I WILL:
Commence an immediate and orderly withdrawal
from Iraq;"
etc. ...

This discredits Gravel entirely as Direct
Democrat and as an intelligent person:

-As Direct Democrat he should have said:
I WILL install a DD structure and PROPOSE
to the DD Forum to debate on immediate and
orderly withdrawal from Iraq.
Maybe the People wish the "immediate and
orderly withdrawal" and maybe they don't.
Preconceived programs are the essence of
existing "representative" Oligarchy. DD
starts by abolishing them and dealing with
problems on the go, as presented by reality.

-As an intelligent person: The issue has clearly
military implications and whoever has a
slightest military experience sees that
"immediate" and "orderly" are contradictory.
Immediate withdrawal would be catastrophically
disordered. Orderly withdrawal has to be
methodically planned and correspondingly
delayed.

Gravel simply joins the rats run for power
under a stupid slogan and under false pretences
of DD which makes it particularly distasteful.

Georges