00805: New Cyber Tools

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:50:21 -0600
Subject: New Cyber Tools

Hi all Democrats,

 There are "no rules" in what works and doesn't, as we are experimenting. Presently the US Democrat party is inviting members to  make a website on their server free, blog, and access to political information (unbiased). http://www.democrats.org/page/content/partybuilder/

 This is an opportunity for fellow citizens to gather and discuss issues and you decide your own decision. Not necessarily agreeing with the "party" but perhaps influencing the "party".

 There are many of these type programs developing. What Pras is intending is also that type of site. It would provide a place to discuss, bring forth issues etc. Now with Video and Pods, we need to use all this new media to "carry the message" (in forms people will use).

 These sites are NOT run as government, with "DD etc. These sites must be economically stable to continue on and are of a business structure. Sure, they may be non-profit, but they must have huge financial support to continue.

 So, I suggest we develop different "topics". One of course would be DD, another how to bring DD information to the people? What is needed to keep pace with the continuously improving Cyber World? What new type Sites would be useful? What is needed to develop initiatives, bring them to the people so petitions can be approved, finally discussing these issues for the Binding Referendum?

 This has been a problem with WDDM. WDDM is an organization which must have a business structure. It's purpose may be to provide DD information to the people but WDDM is in no way a government body and thus should not be structured as a government body. Sure, some aspects of DD work with the needed structure but to tie your hands before you start is not a good thing.

So lets USE all these new tools instead of booting everything out before it even starts. If they are no good, they will fail.

 Bruce Eggum

--
Bruce Eggum, Gresham Wisconsin, USA
Free Movie on Gov http://www.truemajorityaction.org/takeback/