00780: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:53:06 -0800
Subject: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

Pras,
Thnaks for the clarification.
OK, so you are talking about (criticizing) the present system, the so called
representative democracy.
Everybody (at least everybody on this list) knows that it's flawed as you
describe below.
We usually don't denote it by the word "democracy" without any qualifier.
I thought that "democracy" here means automatically the ideal of democracy with
equal information for everybody, equal opportunities, etc.
So perhaps be more careful in choosing your words to avoid future confusion.
Mirek

Pras Anand wrote:

Hi Mirek

Yes I was challenging the idea of democracy being fair. It's true that I
am a supporter of everyone's equal right. But there are several flaws in
this as far as I can see.

The informed are outvoted by the ignorant or media-swayed - hence
politicians use media and lies to win elections.

Everyone has different ideals - this is a good thing, but when we vote
for one governing body at a time to represent us, this breaks down
because ideals aren't black and white - left or right - that's just too
simplistic and doesn't make sense.

If we all get to choose one of three candidates, yet all three
candidates are controlled or employed by the same administration where
is the democracy?

I was suggesting a merit system as a game engine for change. As for
democracy - I think it canwork but only when its widely distributed and
we have a genuinely