00775: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

From: "Pras Anand" <pras_anand(at)hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:12:27 -0000
Subject: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

Hi Mirek

Yes I was challenging the idea of democracy being fair. It's true that I am
a supporter of everyone's equal right. But there are several flaws in this
as far as I can see.

The informed are outvoted by the ignorant or media-swayed - hence
politicians use media and lies to win elections.

Everyone has different ideals - this is a good thing, but when we vote for
one governing body at a time to represent us, this breaks down because
ideals aren't black and white - left or right - that's just too simplistic
and doesn't make sense.

If we all get to choose one of three candidates, yet all three candidates
are controlled or employed by the same administration where is the
democracy?

I was suggesting a merit system as a game engine for change. As for
democracy - I think it canwork but only when its widely distributed and we
have a genuinely