00772: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

From: "M. Kolar" <wddm(at)mkolar.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:46:20 -0800
Subject: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

Pras Anand wrote:

Pras, can you explain this in more detail:

The more community contributions someone has generated - the more
right they gain on votin on increasingly complex issues.

How democratic is this???
What kind of community contributions? In the past, personal wealth was
apparently considered such a contribution that determined the voting
weight of
the individual. This is considered undemocratic at present, at least in
theory.

Mirek

If I explain here my solution I will be giving away an idea that has
been highly recognised as brilliant (by many of those working in the
field at a high level)

What I can say now is only that democracy itself is unfair

Prasad,
I am confused!
You do not seem to believe in democracy, and this is a movement the aim of
which is to achieve (real) democracy!
You system seem to me like some sort of meritocracy.
Anyway, your contributions here may generate some interesting discussion.