00759: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

From: "Pras Anand" <pras_anand(at)hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:03:43 -0000
Subject: Re: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

I am designing a distributed democracy system that is based on two things.

The importance of the subject being dealt with and the level of community
experience the person has generated.

There is much more to it, but I don't want to fully describe it here. Safe
to say there are large research organisations and other well-to-do people
willing to build the final product.

The more community contributions someone has generated - the more right they
gain on votin on increasingly complex issues. I am developing a social
technology framework around this line and once we are at the stage of
needing good political minds around the table, I'd like to call on people
here to create events to test out this process with the public.

I see good political minds here, I need those who have other relevant
experience such as - technology and events

Anyone involved in public events?

I frequent political technology events mostly as I see this is where
solutions are actually created. Political science meeting with technology
can be a mess, but also forces the political motions to take concrete shape.
In many examples this can work very well. I met the guy who created the
Swiss system (the political guy not the techie) recently and he was sure
that by changing the system - everything else will improve. In switzerland,
it looks like he may be right.

My company is creating solutions which have direct relevance (not
metaphorical, idealistic interpretations of ancient ideas) and applying them
to events through social actions and technological actions.

Let me know if you are able to contribute something concrete :)