00750: Re: [WDDM] Moving forward

From: "Bruce Eggum" <bruce.eggum(at)gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:37:32 -0600
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Moving forward

I agree Pras, perhaps we need a discussion place for Social Computer. The Doing needs to be done.

Dear Democrats,

Democracy is 1. government by the people. 2. A government in which the Supreme Power is held by the people. (Webster)

It makes little difference if the ideas or laws or decisions come from the top, side, or bottom if the people have the Supreme Power to decide. Thus in democracy, the people have the POWER to decide and determine. Now, having the "POWER to do a thing, the people of course need to develop a process to do this. This is where the Initiative and Binding Referendum process is necessary for the people. Without the process to utilize the POWER, the POWER is useless.

There must be an administrative process, for police, health, education, welfare and people will "run" these necessary processes. The people need to have the Supreme Power of all these processes. The people can do this by electing heads of these departments, monitoring them and removing them if necessary. Hired individuals will need specific duties and limits which if the individual fails to accomplish can be discharged, by the peoples initiative if necessary. These procedures must all be written and "passed" by the people.

Thus, we need to develop a structure for DEMOCRACY. We need to insist these democratic  procedures be implemented. It is unnecessary to define direct, indirect or otherwise. Time to Democratize our government.

As it is, we do not have the PROCESS to exert our Supreme Power. Some States have a watered down I&R which is a beginning but needs fine tuning.

We need STRUCTURE which can be approved by REFERENDUM and can than be implemented.

Sure, we have war or peace, environmental, health, retirement, and many many other issues. Until we have a process to exert out SUPREME POWER our hands are tied, our voices only echo in the chambers of politics.

All the Best,

Bruce Eggum

On 11/13/06, Pras Anand wrote:
Thanks for your mail Giorgio..

I agree with mostly everything you said.. I was mainly mouthing off to get
some dialogue going. It is nice to have some good feedback on my comments..
I especially liked the joke about bono.. Great:)

For those in the group who've expressed an interest in recent dialogues-
http://www.foundercontact.com/files/File/Spotlighted/Spotlighted_PrasAnand.pdf

further reading on Social Computer
http://e2000.org/pras/soco2005.pdf

Anyone want to help build this? It's a citizen-based development and problem
solving centre

Regards

Pras

--