00748: Re to Cees de Groot: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

From: Filia den Hollander <holla(at)xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:54:59 +0100
Subject: Re to Cees de Groot: [WDDM] ReQuest for Defining "a bottom-up origin"

Hi Cees,

I recommend you (you Cees and you everyone) the book "Direct democracy: facts and arguments about the introduction of initiative and referendum" by Belgian direct democrat and scientist Jos Verhulst.

I’ve read it in Dutch; it’s easy to read and very inspiring !

For the Dutch version, you can contact Arjen Nijeboer: 06 524 50 279

Here’s a sentence from its description, on this link:
http://www.democracy-international.org/book-update.html
The book furthermore deals with federalism - how societies can be created bottom-up, starting from individuals, rather than top-down as in the past – and with the psychology of direct democracy: social capital, trust and civicness.

With kind regards,
Filia

op 13-11-2006 09:23 schreef Cees deGroot:

dear members,
a profound comment of our fellow contributor antonio
calls for a reply or even more a collaborative process with the outcome of a definition
for what "a bottom-up origin" actually is ...

i offer the notion we might accept the context of:
governance - dialogue - politics - democracy (GDPD)
not arguing the simultaneousy of those 4 entities with
i - it - its - we (KenWilbers Quadrant of Perspectives)
(or if anyone does: feel free to initiate and guide the definition of GDPD)

If we indeed succeed in defining the bottom-up origin ...
the answer of how weaving this refinements in a 2007-jacket in the partakers of democracy minded minds
maybe more simple than the way to it did psycholize? collaborative understandings paving the way of authentic our generations here.

Feel free to refine my call,
s'ace