00726: RE: [WDDM] An incremental change in governance

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:36:28 -0800
Subject: RE: [WDDM] An incremental change in governance

--- Begin Message ---
From: "David Murphrey" <davidmurph(at)nts-online.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 04:46:41 -0600

Hi Daniel:

You may remember seeing Citizens For Just Democracy as a charter member of WDDM a couple years ago shortly after you became involved with them, and that we traded a couple of Emails. Your Evoting system sounded very promising to me. However, I have not been very technologically savy so I couldn’t understand it, much-less promote it. And then, there is the conditional fact that there has never been anyone in the Texas house to represent me anyway.

Other than this, I think I got the same impression of the DD bunch as you.  Its sad because I believe they really want to create a national (come international) system that’s not dependent on the goodwill of people’s representatives to work—and that’s an extremely difficult, albeit worthy undertaking. It seems to me that they have gotten themselves tangled up and bogged down in the details of trying to create such a comprehensive system, and frustration with that has lead many of them to suspecting each other’s integrity, and that a lack of mutual trust has lead to self eroding power struggles.

David Murphrey

--- End Message ---