00707: action towards true democracy

From: Pras Anand <mrpras(at)googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:48:27 -0000
Subject: action towards true democracy

Hi Daniel

I like your approach as outlined on http://vpsystems.net/Nevada/

Respect for having the guts to give power to to the people :) If you are
able to manage that within the existing system, my hat goes off to you. I am
not surprised in the slightest that people want this - it's what they've
needed all along ;)

There are very obvious and very subtle ways that the governing bodies have
forgotten whose money it is that they are spending. They have forgotten what
the words they are using mean - democracy - participation - involvement -
equality - governance.

Only those who give power to all are truly powerful.

My work is on restructuring society in a box and creating spaces for people
to do it on a regular basis. This involves technological infrastructures
such as e-Voting and so called eDemocracy but also all manner of other
societal tweaks in a box..

At the moment I go to events and create mini "Social Computers" where we can
create a simulator of society and get people to play it to explore ideas in
a more informed way.

http://e2000.org/pras/soco2005.pdf
My last released (internal) document is from 2005, if you would like to talk
about more specific or advanced projects, please let me know what you are
focussed around. I have developed new democratic engines and new economic
engines which I cannot release the info about.

I thoroughly appreciate your approach and believe that any political body
with the strength of character to do this will win in the end. So if you
decide I could help you, I'd be willing to put the best ideas I can behind
you as I believe in the people's ability to choose their own life.

The people know what they want. But with the level of attention-marketing
around politics, it's necessary, perhaps, to create a kind of mindwash where
people can really explore the ideas they are voting on.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you, or perhaps in future I
can invite you to present your work at a conference or participate in the
creation of social games for large events..

I'm based in Brussels, Belgium but attend events all over the world these
days. My career is still launching and perhaps that's why I have more energy
for action than most of these guys, or maybe it's just that they have no
ideas to change anything.

Thanks for contacting me, and have a nice day

Pras