00671: Re: [WDDM] Proposal for an umbrella group for the Global Democracy Movement

From: Mary <add(at)a.org.ua>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:34:53 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: [WDDM] Proposal for an umbrella group for the Global Democracy Movement

Dear organisators of NewOrg!

The idea is great I believe and my organization would happily join the development. The activities and priorities of NewOrg are quite
adequate and worth being realized.

The only thing I'd like to object is the name itself. I think it should be closely related to Direct Democracy and be called like 'World
Association of Direct Democracy Fighters' or smth like it. The name is quite a long one but we can think of its abbreviation and make it
sound fine. My suggestion on the name is based on the opinion that the full name should b as close as possible to the ideas the
organization should bring to the people so that the full name being read by people unacquainted would give them some understanding of what
we actually should do.

And as my organization is situated in Ukraine, Eastern Europe, we don't actually have any free money to pay membership fees. I'd like to
inquire whether it is possible to do without membership fees. My organization is very young ― existing only for 3 months and we haven't got
any external financing yet. We tried to get some grants but the procedure is rather formal and bureaucratic so it takes some time. And for
now we don't know whether we are able to pay fees (even very small and symbolic).

Best,
Maria Ivanova, chief executive, Academy of Direct Democracy, Ukraine, Ivano-Frankivs'k

З найкращими побажаннями,
Марiя Iванова

Академiя прямої демократiї
e-mail: add(at)a.org.ua
web-site: http://www.freewebs.com/academydd/
tel. +38 (044) 573-68-19, tel. +38 (068) 902-43-42

========--
From: WDDM webmaster
To: wddm@world-wide-democracy.net
Date: Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:43 AM

Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:20:33 -0500
From: Josep

PROPOSAL FOR AN UMBRELLA GROUP FOR THE GLOBAL DEMOCRACY MOVEMENT

Dear Colleagues in the movement for democratic global governance:
Sincerely,

Kenneth Kostyo: US & World Citizen, international corporate lawyer
living in Amsterdam, currently working fulltime to raise funding for a
variety of global democracy oriented projects.

Josep Ll. Ortega: Spanish & World Citizen, living in Andorra, registered
world citizen, founder of the Community of World Citizens, member of
Europe United, World United Nation Party, World Citizen Network, World
Party, the Global Partnership for World Democracy, Democratic World
Federalists, Sapiens, Community Earth, Vote World Government, World
Beyond Borders, e-Parliament, World Wide Direct Democracy
Movement, adopter of SIMPOL, supporter of the Committee for a Democratic
UN and the Provisional Peoples’ Assembly, endorser of Earth Charter and
the Manifesto for Word Citizenship and Democratic Global Governance.

Raj Shekhar Chandola: Indian & World Citizen, Head, World Unity & Peace
Education Department (WUPED), City Montessori School (CMS), Lucknow
(India); Member, Vote World Government, World Government of World
Citizens, World Constitution and Parliamentary Association, Institute on
World Problems and Global Partnership for World Democracy.

Hugh Steadman: New Zealand & World Citizen, member of The Sapiens
Movement, Simpol-NZ and Vote World Government.

Lucy Law Webster: US & World Citizen, officer of the World Federalist
Movement, and Citizens for Global Solutions, and the World Democracy
Movement—USA, and Economists for Peace and Security, and Executive
Director of the Center for War/Peace Studies.

Rob Wheeler: US & World Citizen; UN Representative, Association of World
Citizens & Global Ecovillage Network; Organizer, Global Partnership for
World Democracy; Organizing Committee, World Democracy Movement—USA;
Representative, One World Now; and Deputy Secretary & Candidate, the
People's Congress.