00628: Re: [WDDM] A proposal put for vote to all the WDDM members

From: "Bernard Clayson" <bernard-clayson(at)shuartfarm.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:42:57 +0100
Subject: Re: [WDDM] A proposal put for vote to all the WDDM members

Fascinating, intriguing ....... and very predictable.

What is it in human nature that makes people in groups do, and use, the
'tools' that they are against when used by the ones that they are fighting
i.e. the Representative Democracy 'tools'.
I've seen, and experienced it locally, now I have seen it in cyber-space,
the conclusion is as predictable as the origin.
The WHY is also interesting -
Because it works for them. Does it, they go through cycles of popularity,
then decline, the public then turn to an alternative, adinfinitum.
Democracy is supposed to be THE alternative to representative democracy,
yet:
a) no one knows how to make it work,
b) the first resort is to set up rules that may exclude the one with guts
enough to challenge the hypocrisy of the current system.
Which raises another interesting point i.e. what are the democratic
qualifications (practical experience) of the ones proposing the rules.
Where are the activists, we have advocates by the score, which is not the
samething, anyone can talk a good fight but WDDM needs activists in order to
find out how it can be done.
I commend Jiri for his hope that his group will be taken to court in order
the get the public attention (see June WDD Newsletter).
What are the other WDDM members doing, or is the reason for WDDM because
they are frighten to stand up as individuals and be counted.
Life is learning by hard knocks, get out there and get some knocks and tell
the others what you have learned from the experience.
No, you are not too old .... until they are filling your grave in.
No, you are not too young ..... its the best way to learn,
No, you are not too anything ....
and
My vote is NO.

Regards