00587: New user/member registration

From: <WDDM webmaster>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:29:57 -0600
Subject: New user/member registration

In the hindsight, I relaxed the procedure for new user/member sign up I
described in the first post about the introduction of the Forum. Those three
steps (graphical and e-mail verification and moderator approval) would most
probably be an overkill. Newly signed up members might want to make a post
right away after the first two verifications (which are immediate) and not to
wait for the approval of a moderator who is not online all the time. So I
removed the moderator approval. The first two steps are sufficient to weed out
automatic spamming programs. We can always remove a new user later if they
prove to be a nuisance and not genuine.

I plan to make this procedure a standard, relaxed way how to accept new WDDm
members. I will describe it soon on the Join Us page after everything is
smoothed out (I need to add automatic offer to subscribe to this list when one
signs up in Forum - or should this list be terminated???)

Anyway, I am keen to get your feedback, so that it is really a collective effort.